April 4, 2012

Paint Your T-Shirt ~ DIY

Hey everyone! So, I found this shirt and I really wanted it, but it's $50 and I don't have that kind of money to spend on a t-shirt, so, I decided to make my own! It turned out great, and I only spent $5! Here is a little tutorial on how I did it:

~You probably won't understand this shirt unless you're a dancer, so its okay if you're confused! :)

Supplies Needed: A plain t-shirt (I got mine at wal-mart), cardboard, acrylic paint (make sure the bottle says you can use it on fabric), a paint brush, and a ruler (optional).

Put your cardboard inside your shirt. This is so the paint doesn't bleed through.

If your a perfectionist and want your words centered, use a ruler to figure all that out. I skipped out on this step. :)

Then, just carefully paint on your words/design. I did my letters in all caps because it seemed easier than trying to do lower-case.

Make sure you let it dry before wearing!

That's it! Pretty easy, huh? I hope you have a wonderful wednesday!  -Lynn :)

P.S. If you want to buy the $50 shirt, you can find it here.
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com