April 6, 2012

My Story.

I was gonna make a video for this, but figured that I would probably start crying during it, so I decided I would just do a text post. Today I am going to share my testimony. How God rescued me, and how I am not the same girl I used to be.

When I was about 6 or 7, I got saved at VBS because all my friends were doing it. It seemed like the cool thing to do. I had no idea what it meant to be saved. The only thing I knew was that Jesus died on the cross and he did it for me. About a month later, my dad baptized me. I didn't know what that meant either, I just knew it meant something, but I didn't know exactly what. I went on with my life putting on the act for about 5 years. When I was 11, I went to Middle School Church Camp for the first time ever at my church. Jordan Easley was speaking. It was the very first night. June 18. He asked the question if our lives were like broken glass. Then he broke a mirror. He said our lives are like that without Jesus. I started balling then. I rededicated my life that night. I talked with a lady named Beth and she said that I was the sweetest person she has ever met, and I have every right to cry, but it should be tears of joy. And it was. I was changed instantly. He restored me. He wiped away my sins. I had a clean slate.

Ever since then, my life has been amazing. Amazing. He has let so many great things come to me. I started FCA (fellowship of Christian athletes) at my school & led worship. Every Wednesday morning for 45 minutes. I have brought 11 people to Christ, and they became some of my best friends. I have seen so many lives changed. God has given me so many great opportunities. He has taught me not to have any regrets, walk everyday showing my love for him. Do everything for him. He is always with me, no matter what. He has taught me to cherish every moment that I have, because I don't know when I'm going to take my last breath.

Every morning when I am getting ready for school, I listen to nothing but worship music. Usually Aaron Ivey. I burned 30 copies of the CD and gave them out to random people at my school & the outcome from that was amazing. People started going to church because they listened to that CD. It makes me get tears in my eyes because it makes me so happy just to think about it.

God has given me such great friends that I can trust and talk about my problems with. Lynn being a perfect example. We didn't start this blog to JUST share our cooking tips, fashion tips, etc. We started this blog to share the word of God. And that's what we do.

One more thing, yeah, I listen to other music than just worship. Just because you have a relationship with the Lord doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to just Christian music. I don't listen to much other music than Christian, though. Like, One Direction, yes, I listen to them all of the time, but they all believe in the Lord, which makes me feel even better about the music I am listening to.

That was my story, and then some other info. If you want to know more, email me at sunshinekaitlyn@gmail.com and I will be glad to tell you more about Jesus and his love for you.
He loves you no matter what, don't ever forget that.
This song is called "All This Time" by Britt Nicole. I love this song, maybe you will like it to. :)
-Kaitlyn♥
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com