April 17, 2012

Be Yourself.

So, this is a topic that is really close to my heart. I hate it when I see people try to be like everyone else, just so they will feel accepted. It's okay to want to be accepted, but don't change who you are. I used to be that way in sixth grade. I wanted to be just like one of my friends, Brooklynn. I bought the same headbands she had, shopped at the same store she does, wore my hair like she did, and even started dancing like she did. I wasn't myself. At all. I was not what God wanted me to be. I was what the world wanted me to be. Now, I'm me. And no one can change that. The picture with the quote is one of my favorite quotes that I remind myself each day. I now know that I don't need to change to make myself feel accepted. My friends accept me, and better yet, God accepts me. So don't worry about trying to feel accepted, you're amazing just the way you are. -Kaitlyn♥
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com